ToyGamers Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cleaning and titles of guild

+6
ShadowProphet
ShadowArc
Soulistiq
LadyBuffs
Bear
Spot
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Should Contribution System base on? [Post your opinions on this thread]

cleaning and titles of guild I_vote_lcap46%cleaning and titles of guild I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
cleaning and titles of guild I_vote_lcap31%cleaning and titles of guild I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
cleaning and titles of guild I_vote_lcap23%cleaning and titles of guild I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

cleaning and titles of guild Empty cleaning and titles of guild

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 am

Logging in today showed again a cleaned guild member list and new titles. Going through the names i see several members who never log in, probably dont even have Fame on their HD anymore as they play different versions/other games. They only show up in forums ... rarely. What is the point of kicking active members and keeping old and inactive ones. I know: they are friends, but reality is that it only causes less guild activity.

Other thing is that the kicking actions seem to be kinda random. I was present at one some time ago and there was no asking around about activity of the person involved, just kick. After that action there were remarks in guild chat like "heeee he was daily active!!"  I myself had to face this several times with an alt i was leveling at that time so i dont even bother joining the one i am leveling anymore, I made badDude my pet leveler to keep in contact with the guild.

As Bear is in a different time zone as some of his guildies it might be hard to know if a member is active or not but: Bear you have a staff: your kingpins and captains. They can inform you about things you want to know.  

Next point: joining new members can be done now by everyone. this means the lead has no control over it (only by kicking afterwards) My suggestion is to make joining only possible by staff (guildmaster, kingpins and maybe captains). Talk a little with the candidate, tell about our guild rules, about our contribution rules and their consequenses and things like that. Make it mandatory that they register at the forum. Forge a newbie to go there, e.g. by making a public guild member list they have to write their name and joining date on. This also can be a database for lead to see when someone joined the guild. And this brings me to the next point (i know, wall of text)

The title system. In my opinion promotion to kingpin or captain is a "reward" for being a valuable member of the guild. Now its just who has the biggest wallet gets the highest rank in the shortest time. (Nothing personal here: just the system!) So it can happen that someone becomes staff without any other contribution to the guild than qi/penya while another person who is valuable in other ways is lower in rank! This feels so wrong! Besides that: i think a time path is needed. Learn to know your guild/guildies first before its possible to become staff.

For now i stop blabbering, its a too long story already. Please dont feel offended, i love you all  cleaning and titles of guild Icon_flower

Back to top Go down

cleaning and titles of guild Empty Re: cleaning and titles of guild

Post by Spot Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Bear has been a friend of mine for a good while now and I'm pretty sure he knows that anything I say is just honest criticism and nothing personal, but that being said, I do agree with you. I've told him multiple times to kick my inactive blade from the guild as we get a new player that wants to join. But, of course, he kicks whoever else. ^^ I more or less keep my blade in there as a place holder of sorts, I guess to prevent a newbie from inviting an alt or something.

For the contribute system, I do believe it should be based more on activity and trustworthiness rather than oodles of questies and stuff. I've heard Kaka complain a number of times that it sucks for him being the only active KP, and I feel for him. Bear, I know you're busy and have a life, and can't be on 24/7 to see who's around a lot and who isn't, but you have friends in the guild who'd be more than willing to let you know. Smile (I really don't mean to sound like I'm trying to chew you out or anything, please don't take it that way. xD) Maybe some sort of weighting system between what you have now and actual activity. Like, take active, good members and out of those, who has a good amount of contri can be considered for promotions. Don't really want someone to come in, contri tons, and go inactive forever, taking a KP spot with them indefinitely until someone else can actually get up there.

But, yeah, those are my thoughts for now. Remember it's all in good opinion, Bearsoph. Razz
Spot
Spot
Warrant Officer D

Virgo Tiger

http://www.chainsoffate.net/forums/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Guys,

I. Before I go and kick people, I always check the list below:

1. Has the member contributed over zero ques-ties for a course of 1-2 weeks within the guild?
  2. Has the member contributed any penya for a course of 1-2 weeks within the guild?
  3. Is the member a returning SexyToys player?
  4. Is the member an Alternative for another Toy?
  5. Has the member logged in throughout the month?
  6. Will the member log in at all anymore? (If not, I check always with my KP and Captains).
Numbers 1, and 2
Tell me if the player, after joining was dedicated enough to at least put some effort for the guild. Activity plays a lot in the guild but if the player does not follow the rules (like everyone else does) then that player gets the boot out of the guild.

For players that choose to say "Well I had xx players in the guild before, and contributed xx amount before and still got "kicked" - I always check my Member Database Sheet which I update weekly and upload on the forum site every 2-3 weeks. If I don't see those players names on the member roster there - then they have never been in the guild before or left on their own accord before I came online; and believe me NO name that has ever entered the guild is ever left behind in the excel sheet database that I have.

Players that are 1R and contributed Zero take first precedence out of the guild than Alternatives. This is to balance the Main and Alt poll debate and allow expansion properly.

Number 3
Tells me to add 170k contribution to those returning members from old SexyToys OR make sure that their contribution is initialized and marked during the time of guild-rank check up.

Number 4
Tells me to add that alts contribution to their Main character contribution. IF the guild is in need of new players; I will kick an available alt before I kick someone that hasn't been online but has fulfilled #1-3. This was under accordance with the ALT vs MAIN Poll Discussion where the majority of the guild voted for 1 Main character and 1 Alt character. In the case of a new player, the alt player was to go first.

Number 5, and 6
From the informative questions that I ask both captains & Kingpins, I make sure that everyone that is in the guild, are in the guild because they want to continue to enjoy SexyToys in Fame. Unfortunately, some decide to go to other pservers/games and THOSE people are removed always when I get affirmative confirmation. If they leave, their contribution is halted in guild check ups & they are always welcomed, unless notified otherwise, to return to the guild anytime.

When I am not sure or am very close to convincing the undecided ones - I wait until confirmation and that might be the cause of seeing some offline old players still in the guild holding undecided spots.

No Guild Kick is ever conducted "at random" or supposed to be directed as a hating move to anyone. There are sometimes when I also make mistakes, but those moments happen very rarely. Activity is based on self-activity and Guild Ranks depend on Contribution.

There is nothing wrong with the pruning guild system for 1R 0contri members checked by every 2 weeks. Everyone does their part, and I do not choose favorites. Which lead me to another point.

II. I allow anyone to join the guild so it becomes a broad diverse community. HOWEVER, everyone that adds someone new is responsible to walk them through the "Guild Notice" , "Rules", "Forums" and so on. They are responsible per new player and this is so they do register at the forum. Guild Member List Database is already done through the excel sheet and anyone that does not find their name there can post theirs anywhere here:

https://toygamers.forumotion.com/guild-discussions-support-f34/current-member-roster-t68.htm (anytime)

III. The title system is based on Merit. If you contribute; you will gain the title/rank you want to be and it hasn't failed to show that the ones that compete for KP/Captain position are usually the ones that do not break any rules. All penya contributions will just give you a 3R rank. This is why it is all based on Quest Items because it makes members learn how precious patience really is.

A weighting system does sound like a good idea but I would need more through explanation of how you would manage it. I cannot run the guild Title system based on Activity and Honesty alone because I cannot judge who is honest/trust worthiness or not. I can only give the same respect and hope that those people that are promoted to higher ranks provide the same.

Staff have different classification of promotions. For example:

• Staff here in forums have to register to become staff.
  • In-Guild Staff [KPs] are appointed by Contribution Competition Status AND are demoted to 3C if your activity has gone down. Only 3C members that have KP contribution will be promoted.
  • Anbu are appointed by Anbu Board of Toy Trustees (& this does not guarantee free access for top ranks. Anbu members can only be promoted by a top Anbu, & some members might not qualify).
Like I pointed out before, Everyone is valuable. I do not choose or pick favorites. Not even to friends do I do this to make it as equal as possible to everyone, even myself when upholding every rule in the guild.

I am complacent with the system(s) that are already in effect. You may still if you wish conduct a poll and see if the majority wish for the same for how staff is made, or the contribution system in general. I hope I helped shed some light on how the system is run weekly though.

Last edited by MrBearToy on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

https://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/cartoonista88/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyBuffs Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 pm

For now im just glad that we have new ppl in the KP spots that actually get on often, that way one KP isnt the only one all the time which was my main concern
And thanks Bear we all know you do alot for this guild and it doesnt go unappreciated, a poll on some ideas on how the system could be changed for the better might be a good idea though so we can get some different ideas and opinions

LadyBuffs
Warrant Officer D

Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulistiq Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:10 pm

I currently joined the SexyToys forums today due to some not paying attention to the links, and slowly drifted away into watching some anime. And was able to to figure it out in a 2 second interval and joined(:

My ign: Soulistiq
Facebook: Dale Ho

As well this guild itself is new to me i appreciate the oppurtunity that was given and took it of course.
I have read the rules and taken to heart persay.

For the past week i have followed what ive learned from passed and current
Toys, Which is giving back to others.
And have done so.

Meeting a few and chatting with them brought alot of respect and kudos to those i conversated with
ex. Gothyca:Ali , AdamLambert:Brit, Plushtoy:Missy i believe^^

Soo i voted for
Honesty/Activity/Trustworthiness

Thats what i believe its about.
Thankyou for letting me have part of this.

Soulistiq
Private

Gemini Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyBuffs Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 pm

PlushyToy:LadyBuffs xD and missy:badDude
but thanks for voting^^

LadyBuffs
Warrant Officer D

Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Spot Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeah, I do love this guild. Smile It's organized, and has good people in it. Keep it up, Bear. Very Happy
Spot
Spot
Warrant Officer D

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulistiq Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Ahaha okay!!
thanks for the fixx haha
(:

Soulistiq
Private

Gemini Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 am

Have been breaking my brains about the contribution system and this is the result:

contribution = donating quest items/penya to the guild (this can be done in server 1 public office Juria: open guild window, press support, click trophy contribution (be aware that only the quest items you want to contribute are in your inventory)

General rules:

Every new member has to register on the guild forum within one week after joining the guild. (maybe make a section NEW MEMBER which contains registration form, guild rules, contribution rules aso)

All permanent members (3R and higher) have to contribute at least 10% of the required amount for their rank every quarter of a year (checking moments: 1st week of January, April, July, October) When a member does not follow this rule he will receive a reminder from the staff to donate before the end of the month. Not contributing within the set time means booted from the guild. Exceptions: officially announced reasons mentioned to the guild master.

contribution system:

(based on the current system with some modifications)

rookie

1R– 0 contribution
/may be booted from the guild.

2R- 18k to 25k contributions

3R- 30k to 85k contributions

[If you contribute penya, your max rank is 3R] NOTE to Bear: donating in penya is possible to become 1S

3R's become permanent members unless notified else-wise.

A new member gets a full calender month to contribute the required amount to reach 3R. When on the first day of the next month the required contribution is not donated he will be booted from the guild. (A warning could be given by staff around the 3th week of the month)

supporter

1S– 75k to 120k contributions or 6m penya

Every member will be 1S for a full calender month at least. When on the first day of the next month the contribution reaches the required amount for the next rank the member will be promoted.

2S– 135k to 175k contributions

Every member will be 2S for a full calender month at least. When on the first day of the next month the contribution reaches the required amount for the next rank the member will be promoted.

3S– 180k to 250k contributions

Every member will be 3S for a full calender month at least. After this month the member who contributed the required amount CAN apply for the rank of 1C (this makes it possible to CHOOSE if you want to be higher in rank or not) When a spot is open the guild master + kingpins will decide who will be promoted. Keywords for promotion will not only be amount of contribution but also how valuable/engaged a member is for the daily going-on of the guild.

captain

1C– 300k to 550k contribution

When a captain donated the required contribution AND his behaviour as a captain of the guild is satisfying the guild master + kingpins can decide to promote him to the rank 2C and after that to 3C (with decent time intervals)

2C– 650k to 730k contributions

3C– 750k to 920k contributions

And last but not least: the guild top ^^ First: a candidate has to meet the contribution requirement. But for the rest: this is a "rank of honour" which can be given by the guild master to those who deserve it because they have "heart for the guild and the guildies" and want to invest in the guild and guildies with their time and efforts. The more dedicated, the higher the rank.

kingpin

1KP– 1mil to 1.5mil contributions

2KP – 2.5mil to 3.5mil contributions

3KP– 3.5mil to highest amount contributed

Well ... this is it for now from me. I hope my engrish is not confusing you, but if something isnt clear: ask ^-^

I know this means a lot of work, specially from Bear. IF some system like this will be implemented I will help you with the administration, if possible, Bear!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyBuffs Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Im gonna bump this so it wont fall back and be forgotten by anyone since its a very important topic, and your english is great missy^^

LadyBuffs
Warrant Officer D

Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowArc Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 am

ima question why you would bump a topic super sonic is pointing at 0o

also i agree great english missy very pro xP
ShadowArc
ShadowArc
ModAbear
ModAbear

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowArc Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 am

double posting...sorry...too tired and almost got into a flame fest of a defense of a friend >.>

anyway even tho i voted for trust/honest and activity im gonna point out a VERY big flaw here..

people are really selfish coniving lil pricks and may feign trust just to get to the high ranking rank to get guild items and penya....so if everyone is voting for the trust option just keep that one big flaw in mind 0o
ShadowArc
ShadowArc
ModAbear
ModAbear

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyBuffs Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Changed my vote to quest items + activity since shadow brings up a good point and now that i think about it if someone really wanted the top rank theyd work for it AND be active, but activity of KPs and Captains and such need to be followed closely so we dont get an inactive KP or Cap hold up that position when theres someone more active and just as qualified to fill it

LadyBuffs
Warrant Officer D

Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowProphet Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 am

Honesty, Activity, and Trustworthiness.

I think that's what it is all about to be a guild that rises up, like we already have.

To push us over the top, we have to have some more active members. At my time zone, I can be on at 1 in the morning, and only I am on, and I always open the guild list to see who is on. Sometimes, 1-2 people excluding me. I think we need to kick some of the ALTS that never get played, but have ALTS that do get played in the guild. But not 2 per person, 1 should be the limit, i have already voted on that in the other threads.

I have been completely honest and very active for the time that I have been in the guild. I have been active with the whole Fame community, really. I really do appreciate EVERYTHING that EVERYBODY has done for me, and when I am a Hero, I will be sure to help the noobs in the guild, like I was a week and a half ago. I have made countless friends and I really do appreciate that!

Yes, I do think that people that aren't on should be kicked. Weather they have donated in the past or not... If they are not active anymore, kick them. Why hold on to them? They will get you in their friends list when they are on, if they wanna talk, and so on.

I think that the KP's and Captains should be based on activity and yes, the KP and Captains SHOULD have to donate because finding questies in Fame is easy. I haven't donated a lot, but I have some, and I think some is all that matters. I really don't think you should have to have a whole bunch of questies just to be a high player in the guild.

These are my thoughts on this, and yes, I will be more active on the forum. I had actually forgot the URL but dug it up in history ^^

Thanks so much! 8D
Shad

PS: I AGREE WITH MISSY 100%%

ShadowProphet
Warrant Officer D

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowArc Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:15 am

i agree with prophet on this xD he gets a cookie xD
ShadowArc
ShadowArc
ModAbear
ModAbear

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowProphet Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:45 am

YES! A cookie. I love cookies Twisted Evil

ShadowProphet
Warrant Officer D

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 am

Alright I have read over the system, however, I would like more guildies to vote here.

Hence until 70% of the guild votes here - the poll will be void.

I am sure my staff can agree and see more forum activity + void heard from this outcome democratically!
Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Spot Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 am

I just looked at this again, and it might be a rewording of what I already said, but I decided on "Other system" this time. Should be kind of a combo of the three. Be active, donate, and be well liked to have kingpin. You can't just have one of the three in order to get KP, but the whole lot. If you donate like crazy and get enough for the req on that, but nobody really knows who the eff you are, you're not going to get it. The only exception I can really think of is if you're really active and people love you and don't have the donation req just yet, the staff/ guild could probably take a vote on it, but otherwise you'd have to have 3 for 3. Dunno, just a thought.
Spot
Spot
Warrant Officer D

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowArc Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Spot brings up a good point 0o should combine the 2 systems and really everything spot said is all that needs to be said on it in my opinion xD
ShadowArc
ShadowArc
ModAbear
ModAbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Spot wrote:I just looked at this again, and it might be a rewording of what I already said, but I decided on "Other system" this time. Should be kind of a combo of the three. Be active, donate, and be well liked to have kingpin. You can't just have one of the three in order to get KP, but the whole lot. If you donate like crazy and get enough for the req on that, but nobody really knows who the eff you are, you're not going to get it. The only exception I can really think of is if you're really active and people love you and don't have the donation req just yet, the staff/ guild could probably take a vote on it, but otherwise you'd have to have 3 for 3. Dunno, just a thought.
I agree with Spot as well.
Goku
Goku
Seargent Grade B

Aquarius Cat

http://ch.lulzland.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyBuffs Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 pm

KIRBY BUMP (>*o*>)))))))))))0000000000>>>>>>*topic explodes*

LadyBuffs
Warrant Officer D

Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by KAKASHI Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:04 pm

imma have to go with the system we have now
KAKASHI
KAKASHI
Warrant Officer C

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowArc Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:20 pm

oi kashi why dont you explain the reason why you wanna go with the system we have now xD

or ill beat ya with your own wiffle ball bat 0o

and not enough trees in the world will save ya xD
ShadowArc
ShadowArc
ModAbear
ModAbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 am

As unfortunate as Missy's (BadDude/Ineke) Departure was, we must all move on from it.

Mind you, I will keep this poll opened so that anyone that has the patience to do things right can continue expressing their ideas and vote. As promised, I will collect this poll when 70% of the guild votes on it.

To calculate how many votes you need, simply: 0.7 x #members = #votes need

• Be sure to multiply the number of members and not the max number. Example: there are 49/76 members in the guild atm. You then take (0.7)(49) = 34.3 ~ (rounded by a tenth) = 34 votes required.
Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowArc Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:40 pm

MATH!!!

*rolls on ground foaming at mouth*

but in all seriousness im just hoping more people show up TO vote xD