ToyGamers Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Seasonal Tournament

Go down

2012 Seasonal Tournament Empty 2012 Seasonal Tournament

Post by Bear Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am

Welcome every-beardy to this awesome winter tournament opportunity! I, myself will be hosting all shenanigans, and this will become the OFFICIAL roster/information thread!

Thanks to the successful mini-mock session introduced by Ginger; I was able to obtain crucial details for this event all together.

Participants:
Spoiler:

16x16:
32 Teams x 16 per team = 512 maximum contestants = 32 servers doing live event.
SET I - [16 teams] Leaders:
Spoiler:

Details:
Spoiler:

Introduction:
Spoiler:

Preview on how successful our mock-tourney Sunday was like:

Round 1-5
Spoiler:

Final Round
Spoiler:

Semi-National Round
Spoiler:
National Round
Spoiler:

Final Notes/How to Sign-up
Spoiler:

DISCLAIMER
Spoiler:

All details may be subjected to change. Please don't shoot the messenger!

News:

Last edited by Admin_Bear on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 am; edited 8 times in total
Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

https://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/cartoonista88/

Back to top Go down

2012 Seasonal Tournament Empty Re: 2012 Seasonal Tournament

Post by Bear Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am

FAQ from the previous thread:

Nibbles04 wrote:I'm sure this will get hashed out in the coming weeks but what exactly are the rules for the tournament? Specifically I'm wondering about the character you are allowed to enter. Will everyone be entering level 1 thieves and mesmers because they are the FotM right now?

As for myself, I'm looking forward to having my ranger get torn up by... well pretty much anyone =)
Spoiler:
Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 am

Dido wrote:Are you allowed to know your opponent's profession ahead of time? This will let people slotting utilties trying to "counter" the profession. Let's say I'm going against a Necromancer as a guardian. I'd slot the *I have a potty mouth* out of condition removals because I know their Deathshroud power build and Minionmaster suck donkey ball in PvP.
Spoiler:

Ginger wrote:One thing for the level of your character. Spvp had its own version of your character. Nothing you do in pve Carries over to pvp. So a lv 1 and lv 80 in pve have same stats in pvp. The actual armor doesnt matter. No pve feast is used in pvp. Ask your gear comes from vendors in pvp and everything is free except dif Armor skins. So i would advise you play spvp and and learn your char cause 1v1 is way fif than wvw and alot of wvw build don't mean *I have a potty mouth* in pvp.

Of you need hero with your build feel free to ask guild mates. I'm learning several classes and will help I'm anyway i can just ask.
In case less than FIVE teams show up on December 30, I have a rebound tournament set-up saved up for everyone!

Any Questions/ Signing up or concerns please reply to this thread! Thank you & Merry Christmas to all this week!!
Special message to guild master readers:

Engineer Bear wrote:
Although I understand each guild's privacy might conflict with our roster specifications; if you have enough to build your own team of 16 that you can register with, please let me know "names" and who will be running them so I can explain the tournament layout to those in charge so the ones competing can aim for the champ title! You may also choose to abide by our roster specs if your guild does not have enough to build a team under your discretion.

The fact that you have chosen to accept this invitation means a lot to Fort Aspenwood's members inspired by this event!

Thank you Smile

Last edited by MrBearToy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 am

Referee Checklist on Tournament Day:
[indent] ~ Have 4-5 referees announce the tournament 1 hour before it starts in major cities and farming maps to gather ppl to the HoTM.
~ Join Master Saber [Engineer Bear]'s Squad for referee coordination // Will also be on VENT.[/indent]

Rounds 1-5
[indent] 1. Welcome your team to the tournament.
2. Explain rules:
[indent]

• Everything Goes (boon/class/build)
  • 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 are decided by referee
  • Explain what the boundaries are
  • 05 minute rounds each. If tie does happen; use 2vs2 or 3vs3 with them and pass the winning team. Then repeat 1vs1 until everyone is accounted.
  • DBZ Tournament style: 16 players - 2 ppl fight each other until there is ONE winner PER team.
  • When you found said winner, have your team play normal matches of sPvP until every other team is done.
  • Good luck!
[/indent][/indent]

Rounds 6-7, Semi nat & nat
[indent]

1. We will obtain 8-13 finalists; when we reach this number, they must get out of sPvPing and join a special server including me, Riku, Achelos/Warscream and any other referee that wants to come left over.
  2. This group will go through semi-national and national round.
  3. This set of round will be recorded.
  4. Good luck!
[/indent]
Thank you for participating in today's tournament!
Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:00 am

Due to an emergency-call, there were some flexible changes added for today such as maximum prize as 1200 gems, and 2nd tourney coming soon [Jan-Feb] period!

Be on the look out for future updates, and I hope more attend! Very Happy

December 30, 2012 Winner: Agnieszka
Spoiler:

Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7a, 7b, 7c, 8a, 8b, 8c, 9a, 9b

Bear
Bear
Bear Admin
Bear Admin

Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down